If you expose your eyes to situations which involve dangerous elements or flying particles, it is imperative that you invest in a pair of industrial grade safety glasses.
Read through this article to learn more about safety glasses and get some suggestions on what to look for.
- Impact Resistance—Look for glasses that are made of polycarbonate, as this is the strongest lens material available. If you purchase impact resistant glasses, you can be sure the product will be able to withstand almost any impact from flying debris.
- Scratch Resistance—Choose a pair of glasses with a scratch resistant coating. The absence of scratches and nicks on your glasses lenses will ensure clear vision while you work and help protect the overall integrity of the product.
- UV Protection—Many workers are exposed to ultraviolet light and radiation while on the job. To keep your eyes safe from overexposure to UV rays, choose glasses that absorb this light before it can damage your retinas.
- Special Tints—Depending on your occupation, you may need glasses with special tinting. For example, electricians may need glasses that allow them to see a full range of wire colors, while welders may need added tint to protect their eyes from strain in response to bright lights.
- Comfort—Finally, it is important that you consider comfort when selecting a pair of safety glasses. Choose a product that is relatively light, does not easily fall off, and does not rub or bruise your face.
For additional tips on choosing industrial grade safety glasses, speak to the professionals at Wize Eyes today! You can contact us via email or over the phone at (631) 351-4900..