Gone are the days when wearing glasses meant a lifetime of clunky, unfashionable frames. In today’s world, there are a wide variety of shapes and colors to choose from, so you’re sure to find eyeglass frames that suit your face and your style. Here are just a few of the most popular trends in eyewear this year:
· Patterns. This season features frames with tortoiseshell patterns in a variety of colors, as well as other similar designs. These are a great way to make your frames exciting but not distracting—perfect for wearing at the office.
· Fancy Details. Many trendy styles feature adornments on the temples, the “arms” of the glasses that extend along the side of the head to the ears. This season, you’ll see Swarovski crystals, ornate cut-outs, and other beautiful details that will turn your glasses into a work of art.
· Translucent Color. If you want a pop of color that won’t be too overwhelming, this season has the perfect compromise for you. Translucent frames made of colored plastic are a subtle way to add style without drawing too much attention to your glasses.
· “Nerd” Glasses. 2011 saw a resurgence of frames resembling those worn by Buddy Holly. That trend will definitely stick around, but the frames will be a bit smaller, and you’ll see a greater selection of colors and patterns than just basic black.
· Cat-Eye Glasses. This feminine shape will be more popular than ever during 2012 in orer to coincide with the revival of 1960s fashion. Expect to see a variety of shapes, colors, and sizes to fit all face shapes and skin tones.
Your glasses are a part of your style, so make sure to choose frames that you love.Wize Eyes has a broad selection of frames from brands like Kate Spade, Christian Dior, and Dakota. No matter what look you want to achieve, Wize Eyes has something that’s perfect for you. For more information, call our store at (516) 358-0040.